The Animation Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsNews  HomeHome   Showcase  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lets Gain More Members

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xavier
Admin
Admin
Xavier

Lets Gain More Members Empty
PostSubject: Lets Gain More Members   Lets Gain More Members EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 am

ok, so now that weve been open for a week and have already gained 34 members (1at least 15 visits a day) its time i asked if you guys have any ideas to gain momentum and get people to join our site. The staff has been coming up with some cool ideas that would make our site one of a kind. but we;d like to hear you ideas as well. so fire away guys. dont hold back.
Back to top Go down
https://theanilounge.forumotion.org
WafflesMgee
WafflesMgee

PostSubject: Re: Lets Gain More Members   Lets Gain More Members EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 am

I'll hold as many backs as I want to. And some fronts, too.

I've been in and on pivot forums for many years now, and I've seen 'em rise and fall. The first idea that pops up into people's heads is that they need more members, which they do. The idea that always follows is youtube advertising. Some do it with a collab, others just do nasty windows movie maker videos with LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOR

A TAL channel would be good but it wouldn't bring in users straight away. Sure, we could have videos up like a banner collab with some sweet music on, and if we could have some of our better users mention this on their channels in a way that doesn't seem shoehorned on at the end of a video then all the better. You could always go onto other pivot forums and advertise but that's obnoxious as hell. Advertising sites like this could always be a problem.

Could always have peter throw us into here: http://pivotanimator.net/Forums and maybe give us a little mention on the facebook or the twitters or the youtubes or whatever other social network he uses.

Or, in the end, we could just do how the DD used to do and gain members from rep. There's quite a few good animators on here and if we had some sort of school thing going on where us top notch 'maters could give out tips and little teachy sessions then newbies are gonna come here and gain our nuggets of knowledge. Sure we could have a tutorial section but if we had a more personalised type of tutorial subforum for it then that'd be great. Hell, we could make it into a requirement; wanna be  the next rank? Prove your skill, and if your skill is proven, then share some of your knowledge with the others so that you may progress onto the next rank.

So, to sum up: Youtube collab, Peter Bone, a more personalised and community-enriched tutorial forum.

(Also Xavier bro add me on skype it's WafflesMgee)
Back to top Go down
The Black Mamba
Rank Leader
Rank Leader

PostSubject: Re: Lets Gain More Members   Lets Gain More Members EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Waffles covered everything.
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Admin
Admin
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: Lets Gain More Members   Lets Gain More Members EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:46 pm

yeah, good job waffles you really covered it. im also suggesting that we make a little
advertisement for stick page as well host our showcases on a channel on hyuns dojo as well as YouTube. im also sending a message to peter bone as we speak letting him know that we have our little site and would love to get on his site. ill also ask if we can get a shout-out for just starting. now lets see. im all in for the community teaching eachother but once we make a nescassary, many might believe its too much of a hassle to move up the ranks here, and wont even bother trying to rank up. many wont take the time to teach somone, knowing that they can just got to DD or shunui to post their animations.
Back to top Go down
https://theanilounge.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets Gain More Members   Lets Gain More Members Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets Gain More Members
Page 1 of 1